Reference Number: GAS0002
My client, a logistics company, are looking for someone to start up a new building 13 700 sqm racked prior to the commercial going live. Once live to assume responsibility for the day to day operations of the Distribution Center, its customers and all aspects of its commercial effectiveness.
- Oversee the racking installation, office fit out, MHE procurement and testing
- WMS systems testing
- Staff recruitment
- Ensure full operational readiness for site to go live
- P&L responsibility for circa $3m revenue
- Inventory Management (WMS) control & effectiveness
- Multi Customer relationship lead
- All site staff (est 70 heads)
- Management and Non-Management development, training and coaching.
- Interface with companies transport
- Business Development activity in partnership with the internal BD Lead.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10 years’ experience in logistics or procurement capacity
- Three years leadership experience in a similar environment – large racked, multi-user, WMS run DC style warehouse with a large secondary transport interface.
- Project Management skills and disciplines critical through the pre-startup phase
- Strong leadership and commercial qualities to build and promote this facility
- Prior experience working in East Africa essential
Benefits and Contractual information:
- US Dollar salary
- Residentially based in Kenya
- Housing allowance provided
- Flights to home country to be discussed
- Annual bonus based on performance