Date Created: 2018-05-03T08:59:34+00:00
Reference Number: 203 0305 MHU
Reference Number: 203 0305 MHU
The Senior Project Manager provides the project management function for various projects in Africa (through the project life cycle) as determined by the Head of Resource development. This role will report directly into the GM: Major Projects Africa and key relationships with the CEO and HRD.
- Actively promoting safety awareness and environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel
- Manage projects throughout the lifecycle in accordance with Company project management systems; ensuring operations readiness systems and procedures are developed and implemented for all new projects
- Develop optimal capital and operational budgets; actively participate in the development and utilisation of technology advancement to the Company’s benefit; and justify process developments or innovations based on a clear business case with strong financial arguments
- Carry out all tasks in a manner consistent with the Company’s Plan
- Prepare accurate and relevant presentations to ensure all stakeholders are informed of all project management activities. liaise with consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities as appropriate; and compile all project work into recoverable electronic and paper filing systems
- Diligently monitor project and engineering project costs and actively explore cost saving measures to ensure budgets are met
- Actively promote the need for continual improvement in the technical and economic performance of development projects. Conduct design and operability reviews of all new projects in order to minimise operational and capital costs, whilst optimising business performance
- This role is accountable for delivering all aspects of the project through the project life cycle (i.e. Assess, Select, Develop, Execute and Close Out). The role is responsible for all elements of the project, i.e. commercial and finance; HR; mining; construction; environmental; health and safety;
- Identification and prioritisation of project pipelines, modifications of those pipelines as business needs require, and leadership and interaction with teams involved with implementing those projects; and
- Assess the needs of the MSO group to develop and integrate the operational requirements for each new project into project execution
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Metallurgy, Engineering, Project Management or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated competence in a senior managerial and technical role
- Extensive experience and achievement in the resource industry with a minimum of 15 years combined experience in projects and operations.
- EPCM/LSTK and knowledge of RSA firms experience and essential
- Experience in data analysis, process modelling, system and process design
- Extensive experience with Windows-based computing software
- Project management skills and ability to meet project deliverables
- Knowledge of cost-based decision analysis
- An ability to write clear, concise technical reports and memoranda
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Travel to site in West Africa as and when required
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.