Date Created: 2018-07-10T13:11:46+00:00
Reference Number: GAS0028
Reference Number: GAS0028
Design of process plant such that all capital efficiency and process engineering requirements pertaining to allocated mine development projects are met technically, and within budget and schedule.
- Health Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate a strong focus on Health, Safety and the Environment by:
- Complying with companies Environmental Health and Safety Policy and having an understanding of, and demonstrating, the 12 EHS standards, particularly as they relate to personal accountability;
- Actively promoting safety awareness’s and environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations;
- Actively supporting and participating in safety and environmental initiatives;
- Ensuring JSA’s and Risk Assessments are completed as required; and
- Accepting accountability to ensure personal safety and the safety of others whilst protecting the environment.
- Financial Performance
- Achieve capital efficiency in all process designs and improvements.
- Actively utilise technology advancement to companies benefit.
- Justify process and equipment selection based on a clear business case with sound economics in context of the asset life cycle.
- Mine Development Projects (Process Engineering)
- Define the process requirement through consultation with the project team and evaluation of the GeoMetallurgical properties of the deposit and recommend efficient and effective processing options.
- Develop a test work programs to as necessary to inform process design and performance criteria.
- Develop Scopes of Work suitable to the “execute” phase, including setup and management of a schedule/work plan.
- Develop process flow diagrams, process models; mass, water and energy balances, and operating cost estimates
- Develop P&ID’s.
- Develop a process operating and control philosophies.
- Participate in the development and review of plant layouts, mechanical design drawings.
- Identify process risks and mitigation strategies.
- Lead HAZAD and HAZOP reviews as necessary.
- Report on testwork, process design, waste processing and costing.
- Commissioning of new plants and equipment.
- Actively promote the need for continual improvement in the technical and economic performance of development projects.
- Maintain awareness of performance issues across the company, and issues related to plant design.
- Communicate improvement opportunities to the Project Manager and promote the need for action.
- Carry out all tasks in a manner consistent with the Values and Behaviors of Companies Plan
- Liaise effectively with Group, Site and Contract personnel on technical and related issues.
- Report writing and presentations to be of a high standard and tailored to match the audience requirements.
- Establish productive relationships with the peer group across the business to utilize broader organizational expertise, and proactively review work.
- Ensure team members are well informed of priorities.
- Provide information to operating, maintenance and project staff so they can incorporate development work into their planning and control systems.
- Liaise with consultants, contractors and suppliers as appropriate.
- Compile all project work into recoverable electronic filing systems.
- Budget and Costs
- Assist in the development of project budgets.
- Diligently monitor metallurgical and process engineering project costs and actively explore cost saving measures to ensure budget are met.
- Liaise with and assist business analysts to carry out economic evaluations on project proposals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Capable of understanding the metallurgy of companies mineral processing and beneficiation technologies.
- Capable of calculating plant mass, chemical and water balances and developing models for the chemical and metallurgical processes.
- Ability to scope, resource, conduct and/or oversee metallurgical test work and analyse results in order to draw logical conclusions from the data to make process design recommendations.
- Capable of designing and implementing metallurgical flowsheets to improve process performance or meet specified performance criteria.
- Capable of developing descriptions, arguments and justifications for and in support of the recommended processes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired outcomes through effective communication and cooperative relationships with a wide range of disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive the outcome and timing of process improvements through comprehensive, accurate and well-presented verbal and written communication.
- Effectively collaborates with consultants and technology suppliers to ensure that their expertise leads to improvements to company’s operations.
- Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years combined experience in operational and design roles.
- A good understanding of mining and processing operations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Involvement in development of a process from concept to an operating process or stages in between
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in mineral sands processing is preferred but not essential.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.