Reference Number: 9091601NDS
The key purpose of the role is to monitor, correct non-performance issues and improve the metallurgical performance of the Process Plant by setting process operating targets, implementing improvement projects and providing direction on metallurgical issues. The role is key to ensuring the delivery of annual production and operating cost targets
- Establishes and monitors all metallurgical KPI’s and develops and implements solutions
- Report and make recommendations to Process Management based on operational information and trends.
- Lead plant related capital and continuous improvement projects
- Ensure innovation and continuous improvement are an ongoing focus of the operation and progressively built into plans.
- Actively promote an environment where all employees are engaged and valued and focussed on the continuous improvement of the business.
- Identify and develop a national successor within an agreed timeframe.
- Lead, coach and encourage a strong development culture for junior metallurgists and operational team members.
- Actively works to ensure all team members are delivering outcomes that have a positive impact on the performance of the operation.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of production data and generates plant production forecasts (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) for use by Process Management.
- Assists with development of budgets with primary focus on consumable consumptions including the monitoring and reporting actual performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Develops work plans to prioritise tasks and effectively allocate resources to support the delivery of the annual production and operating cost targets.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in engineering preferably in either metallurgy or chemical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience at a Senior Metallurgist level.
- At least 7 years’ experience in CIL gold processing plants.
- Operating experience in Africa or in remote locations in developing countries.
- Fluency in Business English and French (preferred)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO Roster 6 weeks on 3 weeks off
- Permanent Expatriate contract
- USD dollar salary