Date Created: 2018-03-05T06:07:36+00:00
Reference Number: SRHSEWA
To maintain and enhance all aspects of the company’s safety and training activities by planning, implementing and evaluating safety and training policies, programs and practices in alignment to leading practice standards, including OHSAS 18001.
• Assist in achieving zero lost time injuries on the project.
• Assist in achieving zero (0) breaches of legislation on the project.
• Assist with the development and implementation of the safety and training elements of the company's operations and production strategy.
• Develop and execute safety and training plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
• Manage the company's Safety and Training Department.
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
• Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
• Conduct training, competence and awareness needs analysis for the workforce, and arrange for these needs to be addressed by developing training plans.
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
• Coach and train leadership roles in hazards identification awareness, accident prevention, injury management, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees.
• Provide technical assistance to project personnel with respect to safety and training matters, policies and procedures.
• Monitor and evaluate the cost and quality of safety and training services and identify opportunities for improved utilisation, process improvement, cost savings and increased Return on Investment (ROI).
• Conduct a continuing study of all safety and training policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
• Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for incident and accident investigations.
• Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the goals of the company.
• Participate in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes safety and training services.
• Operate the safety and training function within the strict guidelines of the budget.
• Provide clear leadership and direction and promote and foster a team culture consistent with the organisation's values.
• Provide regular performance feedback to direct reports and completes annual performance reports.
• Build the capability of direct reports by providing coaching, mentoring and development opportunities.
• Assist in the compilation, implementation and review of all management plans together in compliance with policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
• Responsible for achieving excellent results through the effective management, leadership and training of all team members.
• Monitoring of Key Performance Indicators and implementation of appropriate actions.
• Meeting Client requirements and standards.
• Submission of reports and recommendations/suggestions to more senior management levels as part of continuous improvement.
• Liaise with principal, sub-contractors and/or project management team on a continual basis to ensure deadlines and contract conditions are adhered to, when required.
• Management of Contractors and Subcontractors assigned to the Safety and Training Department.
• The Interface with other team Managers, Superintendents and Supervisors to ensure the best outcomes are achieved.
• Safety and Training Manager may delegate some of their responsibilities where they see fit to their direct reports at their discretion.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree
• 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience on a mining site and understanding of production and operation procedures
• Fully bilingual French/English
• FIFO 9/3
• Flights and medical insurance covered by the company
• Salary to be discussed based on experience
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.