Reference Number: 9081601NDS
Responsible for the effective and safe operation of the processing plant, technical services and fixed plant maintenance and associated infrastructure incorporating planning, development, optimisation and production of the mineral processing operation for the Gold Mine in compliance with local government and statutory requirements
- Leading the Processing Team, ensure production of gold to specification and secure delivery to the end customers.
- Manage the production, metallurgical, assay lab and fixed plant maintenance to ensure optimisation and compliance with legislation, safety and environment standards.
- Identify, select, develop and retain top talent within the department which is required for long term planning and nationalisation.
- Actively manage and facilitate work performance of employees in the department
- Develop Business Plan and Budget focussed on 24 months.
- Provide input to the site business planning including Life of Province plans in accordance with the planning cycle timeframes including CAPEX.
- Deploy and secure resources to meet the plan and budget objectives.
- Immediately address any variances against plan to ensure delivery of the annual business objectives.
- Develop and execute contingency plans to ensure plan delivery.
- Ensure processing operations are conducted in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company standards – Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with regulators.
- Conduct regular and thorough inspections of all plant areas to ensure compliance with legislation, safety and environment standards.
- Oversee, review/audit regulatory compliance.
- Ensure health and safety standards and environmental performance are met or exceeded
- Establish and maintain the assets to produce gold at or better than budget.
- Identify, evaluate and address risks impacting on, or likely to impact on, the operations.
- Establish an enduring organisational culture that delivers continuous improvement outcomes across operations.
- Establish and manage capital projects.
- Manage commercial contracts including performance of contractors and independent consultants working for the department.
- Manage, improve and implementation of systems that will ensure consistent, repeatable outcomes in plant reliability, production performance and resource utilisation to minimise cost and maximise production.
- Manage and facilitate document control for Processing department
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing CIL gold processing plant including fixed plant maintenance and technical groups.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in engineering preferably metallurgy or chemical discipline.
- Operating experience in Africa or in remote locations in developing countries.
- Experienced manager who is able to work across all levels of the organisation including development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans.
- Fluency in Business English and French (preferred)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO Roster 6 weeks on 3 weeks off
- Permanent Expatriate contract
- USD dollar salary