Date Created: 2018-01-26T12:51:11+00:00
Reference Number: 9102601NDS
Reference Number: 9102601NDS
Our client requires the services of a Manager Mineral Resource Management (MRM) position at their underground Mine in the Northern Cape.
- Manage the Mineral Resource department by ensuring that the ore body is optimally utilized and extracted for the operation. Act as custodian of all MRM processes and system
- Collate integrated scorecards for work areas, operations and business groups and create reports.
- Perform trend analysis and internal audits and develop document control systems and practices
- Legal, statutory and regulatory compliance on all requirements are implemented and maintained for function
- Optimise the function's core internal processes and internal supply chain.
- Resolve cross-functional operating conflicts through development of processes, standards and directives
- Integrate, align and drive change initiatives.
- Walk the talk and motivate others to implement change programmes.
- Oversee management of change programs and monitor implementation of corrective action.
- Manage reporting within MRM.
- Manage the total reconciliation process on mine planning, actual mining and the quality of the ore
- Manage geological functions, including exploration, ore resource / reserve estimation, mining and grade control.
- Manage, guide and provide advice for the planning functions (inclusive of geotechnical) – short, medium and long term planning.
- Remain up to date with macro and micro-economic conditions, legislation, competition, market sentiment and the industry in general.
- Anticipate and plan for circumstances that may influence the development and implementation of the functional strategic plan
- Accountability for the function's performance, within the agreed strategic framework
- Develop and implement the functional strategic plan in support of the overall business plan
- Ensure business plan is implemented in a manner that supports operational, quality and market imperatives
- Approve innovations and provide the means for implementation. Implement operations effectiveness model and practice
- Ensure that mechanisms to reduce risk to the business are implemented that ensure all legislative, accreditation and governance requirements are met
- Accountable for functional budget and overall financial management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Honours Geology / BSc Honours Mining / BSc Honours Mineral Resource Management
- Member of South African Council of Geo Science or ECSA
- 7 Years’ experience in Mining Geology / Mineral Resources / Mine Planning in relevant commodity
- 5 Years’ experience in Management
- System Skills which include Microsoft Office, Oracle, JDE, Datamine, GDMS Mine Planning Systems and SHERQ Systems
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Relocation to the Northern Cape required
- E Lower Paterson Grading scale
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.