Reference Number: 9102601NDS
Our client requires the services of a Manager Mineral Resource Management (MRM) position at their underground Mine in the Northern Cape.
- Manage the Mineral Resource department by ensuring that the ore body is optimally utilized and extracted for the operation. Act as custodian of all MRM processes and system
- Collate integrated scorecards for work areas, operations and business groups and create reports.
- Perform trend analysis and internal audits and develop document control systems and practices
- Legal, statutory and regulatory compliance on all requirements are implemented and maintained for function
- Optimise the function's core internal processes and internal supply chain.
- Resolve cross-functional operating conflicts through development of processes, standards and directives
- Integrate, align and drive change initiatives.
- Walk the talk and motivate others to implement change programmes.
- Oversee management of change programs and monitor implementation of corrective action.
- Manage reporting within MRM.
- Manage the total reconciliation process on mine planning, actual mining and the quality of the ore
- Manage geological functions, including exploration, ore resource / reserve estimation, mining and grade control.
- Manage, guide and provide advice for the planning functions (inclusive of geotechnical) – short, medium and long term planning.
- Remain up to date with macro and micro-economic conditions, legislation, competition, market sentiment and the industry in general.
- Anticipate and plan for circumstances that may influence the development and implementation of the functional strategic plan
- Accountability for the function's performance, within the agreed strategic framework
- Develop and implement the functional strategic plan in support of the overall business plan
- Ensure business plan is implemented in a manner that supports operational, quality and market imperatives
- Approve innovations and provide the means for implementation. Implement operations effectiveness model and practice
- Ensure that mechanisms to reduce risk to the business are implemented that ensure all legislative, accreditation and governance requirements are met
- Accountable for functional budget and overall financial management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Honours Geology / BSc Honours Mining / BSc Honours Mineral Resource Management
- Member of South African Council of Geo Science or ECSA
- 7 Years’ experience in Mining Geology / Mineral Resources / Mine Planning in relevant commodity
- 5 Years’ experience in Management
- System Skills which include Microsoft Office, Oracle, JDE, Datamine, GDMS Mine Planning Systems and SHERQ Systems
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Relocation to the Northern Cape required
- E Lower Paterson Grading scale