Date Created: 2018-03-01T12:52:26+00:00
Reference Number: 860-0103LH
Our client, with mining operations in West Africa, is seeking an experienced Underground Maintenance Superintendent and Deputy Manager to join their team.
- Assisting the Manager in leading the underground maintenance team and delegating of tasks.
- Carrying out planned maintenance work according to availability of equipment and priority.
- Planning of work and conducting inspections.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Diagnosing and performing repairs to mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Compiling reports and analysis.
- Performing root cause failure analysis.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical trade test.
- Mine Health and Safety certification.
- First Aid certificate advantageous.
- 10 years previous experience in mechanical maintenance within an underground mining environment.
- 5 years previous experience in a Superintendent level role.
- 7 years previous with experience with Sandvik and Caterpillar equipment used in underground mining environments.
- Previous experience with JDE and other CMMS.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in West Africa.
- Ability to train and mentor a multicultural workforce.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Single status contract.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.