Date Created: 2018-07-17T07:48:20+00:00
Reference Number: 974VG
Reporting to the COO, The General Manager Services and Projects is accountable for the services and support functions aimed at enabling the safe and profitable operation of all our clients mining and processing operations. The manager is required to provide leadership and direction to the site and functional leadership personnel, as well as continuously improve all aspects of business performance, sustainability, and business growth.
- Participates in the development of marketing, products and resource development strategies focused on business unit growth to maximise competitive positioning within the industry.
- Provide input into product and technical development strategies through membership on steering committees for key projects.
- Manage operational costs by developing cost management processes and financially responsible culture.
- Owners’ team representative for capital projects
- Responsible for the management of the laboratory including production, environmental and exploration geology.
- Responsible for the closure, decommissioning and demolition of certain projects on site
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of camps.
- Manage all information technology aspects, including communication infrastructure.
- Ensures the operational workforce is informed on direction and targets through a coordinated communication and re-engagement plan involving daily walks, regular briefings and leadership and management team meetings.
- Support the management of relationships with external stakeholders through a coordinated approach including attendance at regular meetings.
- Together with the CEO and COO, establish and maintain a robust and carefully considered local government and community engagement program to ensure a good working relationship.
- Manage and develop the services and projects team to ensure they are efficiently supporting the business needs.
- Improve the skills and effectiveness of team members through challenging goals and performance standards and a range of development strategies
- Actively identify and develop key talent within the team.
- Delegate levels of authority, responsibility and accountability appropriate to achieving goals and individual challenges.
- Anticipate, plan and implement changing workforce structures and competency profiles to facilitate responsiveness to operational requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company environmental policies and procedures and relevant regulations.
- Actively promote environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel.
- Report all personal injuries and incidents and assist with investigations.
- Actively support and participate in safety initiatives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant qualification in minerals processing, engineering or mining discipline.
- Prior successful experience in managing minerals processing and mining operations including managing multiple sites simultaneously.
- Experience in operating in Africa or similar challenging environment is preferable
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance, engineering, earth sciences or management.
- Significant experience in managing a complex minerals processing or mining operation advantageous
- Significant technical knowledge of minerals processing and mining.
- A minimum of 10-15 years in a Senior Executive management role.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.