Our client, a well-renowned mining house in South Africa, is seeking an Electrical Protection Specialist with medium and low voltage experience in mining environments to join their team.
- Maintain and develop medium and low voltage electrical systems, protection relay settings, fault calculations and load flow studies.
- Annual reliability audits and testing on equipment and relays.
- Overseeing contractors.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning at the optimum level.
- Investigation root cause and reporting on protection trips, quality of electricity supply and metering queries.
- Standby duties.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
- Mentoring and coaching subordinates.
- Reporting and administration on SAP.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Electrical Engineering Diploma or Degree.
- ECSA registration advantageous.
- Accredited Advanced Protection Courses.
- 7 years previous experience in medium voltage electrical protection within a mining environment.
- Well-versed in the use of ETAP.
- Previous experience with SAP.
- Valid driver’s license.
- This position is only open to residents of South Africa.
- Residentially based; relocation will be required.
- Permanent contract.