Date Created: 2018-03-06T09:50:00+00:00
Reference Number: 92210603NDS
Reference Number: 9210603NDS
My client is an international facilities and camp management supplier to the mining sector. Reporting to and supporting the COO, you will be responsible for ensuring Business sustainability and growth within our targeted countries. To manage and grow a mutually agreed portfolio of contracts to ensure world class facilities management and expand the Company’s footprint in Africa
- Create an Operations strategy and associated country plans, based on long term Business requirements.
- Define the strategic and operational targets in consultation with the regional management teams
- Influence and advise on strategy and tactics to maximise contract performance and client services
- Develop an annual Operations budget.
- Lead the Portfolio’s management team to ensure that it maintains performance (service, lifestyle, CSI, financial, people and safety) standards and achieves the assigned and agreed targets
- Drive a culture of commitment to key performance indicator’s (KPI’s)
- Utilise regular communication channels, established reporting and team meetings to promote continuous improvement and best practice
- Establish and embed Company policies and operating procedures assuring adherence by all staff on all contracts.
- Implement a continuous measurement, review, audit and benchmarking process to monitor the capacity and performance of the Portfolio.
- Provide reports to COO and CEO regarding the performance of the Portfolio and the broader Operation.
- Review all Portfolio contracts to ensure that they are legally sound, aligned with the business strategy
- Lead a quarterly performance and compliance audit against the contract terms for each project
- Understand key drivers of cost/expenditure and actively support the achievement of financial targets including driving sustainable operational initiatives, minimising costs, and identifying performance improvement options
- Enforce accountability for budget expenditure by the Portfolio management team.
- Mitigate business risks within budgetary constraints through the allocation of spend to areas of high priority
- Authorise capex documentation and align the proposals with the longterm strategy
- Lead the development and maintenance of a detailed profile of potential clients and competitors in the assigned Portfolio, including their current presence in the country and current facilities contracts.
- Work with Marketing and Sales team to seek out, pursue and penetrate new clients & develop relationships
- Build and nurture relationships with key strategic and operational client representatives
- Lead the Portfolio team towards meeting strategic objectives and targets through regular communication and utilisation of the full organisational talent management tool set.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates and ensure that the process is cascaded down
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Commercial Degree
- 7 – 10 years’ operational experience at least 3 of which should be at a senior management level
- Commercial and contract law
- Broad knowledge of business operations and systems
- An understanding of multiple key performance indicators, inter-relationship and bottom line sensitivity
- Company economics (supply and demand)
- Sales and marketing principles and methodologies
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Location – Durban head office with extensive travel into Africa (50% of your time)
- Only South African citizens will be considered
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.