Reference Number: 8971611 NDS
My client is a leading freight forwarding and logistics company supplying both the mining and Oil & Gas industries in Central and Eastern Africa – They are currently seeking an experienced COO and CEO for their two different companies in East Africa
- To coordinate and report on the daily management of the company’s Operations to Company Directors and Owners.
- Manage project cargo transport fleet of around 80 Prime movers plus trailers and Low Loaders. 10 acre transport yard and full workshop
- Manage Approx. 1100 staff
- Destinations Mombasa to DRC, Uganda, S Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania
- Operations include but not limited to logistics, transportation, workshop, Health and Safety Operations, marketing, business development, human resource management and finance.
- Develop efficiencies in all areas of Operations to maximize stakeholder interests.
- Enhancing and maintaining excellent service levels to clients
- Maximizing turnarounds in field, yard and workshop operations
- At minimum, meeting annual Budget and KPI targets
- Maximizing Company profitability through effective cost control and protecting gross profit margins
- Inculcating and propagating a culture within the company of continuous self-improvement.
- Mentoring and empowering all staff to perform better.
- Closer interaction with Finance department to ensure timely recording of gathering of documentation, data, invoicing and debtor collection
- Employing and retaining good quality staff for the operations of the company.
- Effectively coordinate all areas of operations of the Company through good management practices, effective communication and timely reporting and feedback loops with all departments in the company.
- Enhance and encourage Company utilization of SAP Business 1 software application through data access, mining and intelligent reporting to provide better management tools for better business decisions and asset and resource utilisation.
- Protect and secure all company assets and resources at all times.
- Participate and provide feedback in company and business strategy.
- Assist in quotations to prospective and existing clients for all company services.
- Work and participate with the group of companies in leveraging company and group assets to maximize efficiency, returns on investment, profitability and facilitate standardization.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Candidates will need to have extensive experience in managing large fleets
- Good track record of management in a Logistics or transportation company
- Must have managed transport and workshop staff 300 plus
- Must have worked in and around Africa and have remote site experience
- High standards of HSE
- ISO Certified as well as ICMA and other certifications
- SAP B One ERP system.
- CEO will be based in Uganda and the COO will be based in Tanzania
- USD taxable salary plus company car, mobile phone and laptop.
- Expatriates will receive travel allowance to return to their home countries for annual leave.