Date Created: 2018-02-23T11:45:57+00:00
Reference Number: JAM
Reference Number: JAM
An international mining company is looking for a Chief Metallurgical Engineer to join their copper mining project in Sudan. The role will be responsible for running the metallurgical and process design, with the objective of improving mineral deposits through feasibility to production status.
- Overseeing metallurgical and process engineering study programs, including feasibility studies, aimed at advancing the exploration targets to production status
- Planning and overseeing geometallurgical drilling, sample testing and data analysis to be able to provide geometallurgical data for process design activities
- Supervise the creation of capital and operating cost estimates for process related activities
- Be responsible for assessing conceptual and detailed design in compliance with proposed project specifications
- Ensure compliance with respect to the company standard operating procedures
- Management of relevant contractors and consultants
- Preparation of internal and external reports, memorandums and recommendations as and when required
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Implementation of training and mentoring programs for junior staff
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSC degree in mineral processing or chemical engineering
- 15 years’ experience on advanced exploration projects and large scale processing facilities
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in porphyry copper/ gold operations, including mineral processing and design
- Professionally registered with an internationally recognised organisation
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Roster is 6 weeks on 2 weeks off
- Business class flights to and from site
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to James Midlane at email@example.com
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.