Date Created: 2018-07-06T08:38:54+00:00
Reference Number: 224 0607 MHU
Reference Number: 224 0607 MHU
This position will be head of department for security, in charge of site security operations and executing company security policy and procedures. The successful incumbent will provide advice to site management team on regional and site security matters. They are solely responsible for site access control, personnel and asset protection. Will be the owner of the Security budget, forecasting and cost control functions.
- Plans, examines, analyses, evaluates and supervises all of the client’s security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of the client’s regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training
- Serves as the liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at the company
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, the client’s activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions
- Manage and oversee the Security operations Contracts to ensure a high level of performance and compliance
- Provision of advice on strategic regional and local security issues as they may impact on the company, site operations, concession, travel, site safety and contractors
- Analyses of international operations of security. Advise on security weaknesses and procedures
- Maintain a security structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organisation’s goals and objectives: recruit, employ, train, supervise and evaluate staff performance
- Implement and maintain security surveillance, access control, CCTV monitoring, tracking, control room and operational systems
- Key member of senior management team, required to engage effectively and cooperatively with management peers, company group stakeholders, SHEC, subordinates and contractors in the pursuit of continuous improvements on security outcomes
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification in security/military command/demonstrated successful security management
- At least 15 years senior security experience
- Demonstrated ability to take measured control in circumstances of unrest
- Strong people management and leadership skills and security experience in mining, energy or resource sectors
- Experience working in difficult and isolated FIFO locations within Africa or developing countries
- English/French speaking capability and previous deployments in the DRC
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.