The CA Mining team is expanding! We recently had new recruiters join the team, and would like to introduce them to you. Today, we are introducing Gavin Shepherd, our new mining recruiting consultant. To find out more about the man you might be working with, check out the Q & A we did with him below!
- Tell us a little about yourself-interests, background, age, work experience etc
I’ve been in recruitment since 2012. I have worked in various industries from IT to Finance to Engineering and have now settled in Mining. I am a big sports fan, I enjoy good banter. I am also a proud parent.
- Fun fact about yourself?
I am undefeated in the Fathers race at my son’s school.
- Job title and areas of expertise/interest at CA Global?
I am the latest Senior Recruitment Consultant in the Mining sector.
- Advice for clients/candidates?
Communication is key in a successful placement.
- Which country within Africa do you think will be the next hot spot and why?
I have heard that exciting things are happening in the DRC currently.
- What is your outlook within your industry over the next 5 years?
With mining being such a massive industry, things are always changing so it’s hard to predict the next 5 years. However, I can say that we are currently going through quite a boom in Mining.
- CA Global is a big believer in Africa, why do YOU believe in Africa?
Of course! I am born and bred here. I believe that we have amazing potential here and with the right people in the right places it can be truly amazing to be part of.
Check out the video we did with Gavin below!
To get in contact with Gavin Shepherd, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
For mining jobs, check out our CA Mining job board HERE.